Domestic violence shelters offer safe and confidential short-term housing for women and families in need. But often when someone escapes a domestic violence situation, she leaves without possessions or the money to replace them. Shelters may provide clothing, hygiene, and other necessary items for women, children, and pets during their stay. However, it can be a challenge for cash-strapped organizations to keep up with the need. You can help!
Your purchase of a care package for a woman in need will supply the following amenities:
- An apparel or footwear item,
- Blanket or bedding, and
- A needed comfort or hygiene product, such as towel, socks, hat, shower curtain, water bottle, or umbrella
- A care package for a woman plus child will include an item for a child in need, such as clothing or a toy.
- A care package for a woman plus pet will supply an extra toy, treat, or blanket for a pet who arrives at a domestic violence shelter with its owner. Over 71% of women entering domestic violence shelters reported their partner had threatened, injured, or killed the family pet.
- A care package for a woman plus child & pet will help supply needed items for a family escaping an unsafe situation.
Other important info:
- You will be charged all required taxes for your location. Save your receipt and consult your tax professional to determine if you're able to claim this purchase as a tax-deductible donation expense.
- You will not receive a shipment from this purchase. We will send the product on your behalf directly to the shelter for distribution.
- This purchase also generates our customary charitable donation.
- The images shown are examples of the types of products that we will send to help women in need. The specific selections are at GreaterGood's discretion, but we work closely with shelters to make sure we provide the items needed most.
- GreaterGood is proud to help provide these supplies to women in need on your behalf. We couldn't do it without your support -- thank you!