It's back to school for these shelter dogs that are going through support dog training for veterans! Every school needs the proper tools to be able to teach and train - and that's why Greatergood is partnering with animal shelters and veteran programs across the country to give both veterans and shelter dogs a better life.
The bond between a man (or woman) and their dog is unbreakable. Veterans who have served have sacrificed so much and these dogs help them carry the weight of living with the after effects of serving. These dogs help veterans rebuild, recover and support them day in and day out through physical, mental and emotional hurdles. The love that forms between a veteran and their dog is one of true friendship.
GreaterGood is partnering with shelters and the Patriot Paws program to provide the proper tools to help better train the dogs in their care. Training is specialized for each dog which helps the dog meet the particular needs of the veteran that they will be paired with. These dogs will be helping veterans that have mobility limitations, post-traumatic stress and traumatic brain injuries. The veterans will be helping these rescue pups by providing them with a home full of love! With a simple contribution you can change the lives of veterans and shelter dogs!
Some supplies you can send include:
- Stainless Steel Bowls will give the dog a clean place to eat, and also helps them learn how to behave around food.
- Collar or Leash helps keep the rescue dog close and safe while training. These tools also help the dog to be trained on how to walk with their new owner.
- Enrichment Toys are great for using as a reward for all their hard work, and help the dog to stay motivated while learning new skills.
- Flea & Tick Preventive Care helps to ensure the dog is healthy and happy while they are in training, and that they are in tip-top shape before heading to their new home.
- Ultimate Training Pack includes a bowl, a collar or leash, an enrichment toy and and flea and tick preventive care. Give the gift a complete kit to benefit a shelter dog and veteran!
Other important information:
- You will not receive a shipment from this purchase. We will facilitate the donation directly with qualifying organizations and shelters on your behalf.
- You will be charged all required taxes for your location. Save your receipt and consult your tax professional to determine if you're able to claim this purchase as a tax-deductible donation expense.
- GreaterGood & The Animal Rescue Site & The Veterans Site are proud to help provide these supplies to organizations in need on your behalf. We couldn't do it without your support -- thank you!